Although we have created our website with the utmost care, we can assume no liability for the accuracy, completeness or topicality of its content. Our website contains links to external, third-party websites. We have no influence on the content of such websites and can therefore assume no liability.
General Terms & Conditions
- General: VIA DOMINORUM Grundstückverwertungs Gesellschaft m.b.H. is the entity authorised to dispose of the premises at Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg, Herrengasse 13, A-1010 Vienna and makes the premises available for events and the provision of services by third parties in the course of such events based on separate individual contracts. The user or organiser shall be referred to hereinafter as ‘counterparty or organiser’. The department of VIA DOMINORUM Grundstückverwertungs Gesellschaft m.b.H. responsible for provision shall be referred to hereinafter as ‘Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg’. These terms and conditions represent the basis for and an integral part of any contract associated with events at the premises at Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg of VIA DOMINORUM Grundstückverwertungs Gesellschaft m.b.H., Landhausplatz 1, A-3100 St. Pölten concluded separately. Opposing terms and conditions of the counterparty shall have no effect and are excluded. Any derogation shall be valid only if made in writing, in a precisely defined scope and by authorised signatories. In cases of doubt, any derogation shall be interpreted restrictively. The counterparty shall comply with these conditions upon conclusion of the agreement, in any case upon the use of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg. The counterparty assures VIA DOMINORUM Grundstückverwertungs Gesellschaft m.b.H. that it shall comply with any applicable regulation under commercial law or otherwise for which it is responsible and accepts liability for such compliance. If there is any doubt on the part of the counterparty as to the admissibility of instances of use, as to the scope of restrictions of use, respectively, conditions under commercial law, as to compliance with safety regulations or if it identifies deficiencies, then it is required to consult with Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg, respectively, give notice of such circumstances. It is noted that on no account shall provision of the premises for the purpose of holding events be subject to Austria’s Landlord and Tenant Act (Mietrechtsgesetz). The leasing/letting of the premises shall always be limited to the duration of the contractually agreed event and end in line with the intended duration of the event provided for in the individual contract. Hence, regardless of type the contractual right of use shall expire without the need for a notice of termination.
- Putting the contract into specific form: The location and time span of the event to which the contract relates and the extent and type of other services as well as services of third parties requiring organisation are derived from the contract concluded separately. The counterparty shall give written notification (by fax or email) of the number of participants by no later than 14 days before the event. This number shall be regarded as a guaranteed minimum number for which Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg shall make any necessary preparations. If the organiser does not provide Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg with a guaranteed number by no later than 14 days before the event, then the number specified in the contract shall be regarded as the guaranteed number.
- Transfer of rights (liability of the organiser): With the exception of the paid or unpaid opportunity for individuals to participate in the event, the organiser is not entitled to transfer the rights assigned to it under the contract with Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg to third parties in whole or in part.
- Liability of the organiser: Regardless of fault, the organiser shall be liable for any harm inflicted on Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg by itself, its employees, guests or other individuals present in the rooms of the Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg at its instigation or with its consent. Such liability applies to damage to the building or movables belonging to Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg, in particular. Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg may impose the conclusion of appropriate insurance by the organiser, which provides adequate cover for any personal injury or financial loss, in particular, also to the fabric of the building, on the organiser in the contract, require the assignment of claims made under the contract of insurance before or after a claim and make the event contingent on the submission of proof of conclusion of the required contract of insurance and payment of the premium.
- Individuals acting on behalf of the organiser: Any individual who signs the contract or order on behalf of the organiser is liable for the satisfaction of any obligation of the organiser arising from the contract jointly and severally with the organiser. The organiser shall specify in the contract the individuals authorised to carry out transactions on its behalf. If no such individuals are specified, then Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg may deem that those individuals who sign the contract are authorised to do so as they are regarded as having been appointed to conclude the contract by the organiser.
- Liability of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg and accidents: Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg assumes no liability whatsoever for accidents involving users of or visitors to the property provided for in the contract. Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg is liable only in cases of its own gross negligence or intent, which result in damage incurred by the organiser.
- Authorisations and permits: If regulatory approvals are required for the counterparty’s event, then the organiser shall obtain such regulatory approvals in due time and at its own expense, respectively, register the event and submit a copy to Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg no later than three days before the event. Any conditions shall be satisfied by the organiser at its own expense such that Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg is not disadvantaged and incurs no expense. If the attendance of officials from a regulatory body is imposed, then this shall be ensured in due time by and at the expense of the organiser. If compliance with any of the conditions imposed is – for whatever reason – not ensured or ceases to be ensured by the organiser, then Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg may prohibit or cancel the event. In such cases, the rules on cancellation shall apply mutatis mutandis. Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg explicitly refers the organiser to the need to observe and comply with Vienna’s law on events, Vienna’s law on event venues and other laws and ordinances pertaining to events.
- Charges and fees for events: The organiser is responsible for the registration and payment of all charges, fees and event-related taxes (such as entertainment tax). If a demand for such payments is made directly against Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg, then it shall be indemnified and held harmless by the counterparty. Reproduction rights must be acquired from the AKM (state authorised society for authors, composers and publishers) for musical performances using audio or visual media of any kind. The counterparty is required by law to request appropriate authorisation from the AKM in due time before the event begins. The counterparty must reckon with claims for compensation made under the Austrian Copyright Act (Urheberrechtsgesetz) in the event of an omission.
- Treatment of the property: Any rooms, areas, furnishings, etc. provided shall be treated with respect and care, and in the manner designated. Having regard to normal wear and tear, upon expiration of the period agreed they shall be returned in the same condition as they were prior to use.
- Attendants and technicians: During the period agreed for assembly and disassembly, Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg shall provide an attendant to monitor the entire process as well as compliance with any necessary measures and regulations. Unless the contract provides otherwise, an additional fee shall be charged for this attendant. Said fee shall be based on actual cost. If the organiser requires the services of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg’s technician, then these services shall be charged as an additional item based on actual cost. Hourly rates for the above shall be laid down in the contract, otherwise, the regional hourly rates are agreed on with due regard to the time and degree of difficulty.
- Disassembly, removal and waste disposal: The organiser is obliged to arrange for the disassembly and removal of all objects taken into the rooms of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg promptly after the event; this also applies to any waste and packaging material. If disassembly and removal is not implemented/completed without delay, then Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg may arrange for removal and disposal at the expense of the organiser.
- Caterer: For the provision of culinary services to the guests of the organiser, Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg shall nominate selected catering partners, which meet a superior standard. Commissioning and settlement shall be made directly between the organiser and the catering company. Where such a service is charged by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg, this will be done in the name and on behalf of the catering partner. Moreover, the organiser may use its own caterer and only lease the premises of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg. The organiser undertakes to pay the charges associated with cleaning the preparation kitchen provided by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg to the caterer at the usual rates. Unless already provided for in the contract, any other special requirements of the organiser shall be charged separately and in addition to the agreed fee. Food and drink may be taken onto the premises only by the catering company that has been booked. Exceptions must be agreed in the contract in writing.
- Decorations and structures: If the organiser intends to install decoration material or technical structures in the premises, then this must be agreed beforehand in writing. Damage must not be caused by such decorations or structures to the architecture and rooms of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg. Installation and/or assembly must be carried out by qualified personnel; all legal requirements, those pertaining to fire safety and events in particular, must be observed. In the case of (technical) structures, appropriate precautions shall be taken to ensure that the areas made available are not damaged, the walls and floors in particular. Any decorations or structures provided by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg shall remain the property of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg; the organiser shall make good any damage to such items. The cost of the decoration and structures shall be borne by the organiser. The organiser shall reimburse Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg with any expenses in this regard.
- Fire safety regulations: Fire fighting, detection and other safety devices may not be obstructed, covered or moved. The full width of any walkway in the premises as well as exits and emergency exits shall be kept clear and must not be obstructed by structural parts, transport equipment, components or other objects.
- Objects taken into the premises: Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg assumes no liability whatsoever for objects of any kind taken into Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg or sent to/collected from Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg before/after the event. In addition to damage, this also applies to theft, robbery and burglary. Any risks shall be borne by the counterparty. Moreover, the counterparty shall, inter alia, indemnify and hold harmless Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg vis-à-vis any claims made by third parties. Surveillance shall not be provided by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg.
- Inspections: The counterparty acknowledges that – even during the contract period – Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg is entitled to inspect the rooms and areas used by the organiser provided that the object of the contract or legitimate interests of the organiser are not severely prejudiced by this. The organiser is not entitled to carry out independent inspections without prior arrangement.
- Promotional activities: Any promotional activities that refer to events in the premises of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg require the prior approval of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg.
- Congress statistics: Information on your event will be forwarded to the Vienna Convention Bureau for recording in the Austrian Congress & Convention statistics. Following that, you will receive a clearance email. Your information will not be published before clearance has been obtained from you. Your event information is used purely for Austria’s Conference & Congress sector records.
- Cancellation and termination: Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg is entitled to cancel the contractual relationship without notice – even during the event – if the required payments on account are not made in due time, if the event jeopardises the smooth operation of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg or the reputation and security of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg or of participants and personnel or if the event cannot be carried out or completed as intended for reasons of force majeure. In any such case, the organiser shall not be entitled to make any claim whatsoever against Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg due to termination of the contractual relationship.
- Cancellation:In case of cancellation, the following cancellation fees apply. If the booking is cancelled…- from the day of contract signing
until 90 days before the event, the organiser shall pay 25% of the room hire charges / package price;-
from 89 days to 60 days before the event, the organiser shall pay 50% of the room hire charges / package price;
from 59 days to 30 days before the event, the organiser shall pay 100% of the room hire charges / package price;
from 29 days to 3 days before the event, the organiser shall pay 100% of the room hire charges / package price and 50% of the catering services booked;
– within 72 hours before the event, the organiser shall pay 100% of the room hire charges / package price and 100% of the catering services booked. However, cancellation charges for catering must be paid to Palais Niederösterreich only if catering was booked via Palais Niederösterreich, e.g., conference package. Otherwise, the conditions of the contract concluded separately with the caterer shall apply. Furthermore, Palais Niederösterreich shall be reimbursed with any costs and expenses already incurred. It is only possible to derogate from these terms of cancellation in writing in the contract.
22. Payment on account: An advance payment of 80% of the expected sales volume plus VAT shall be paid by the organiser 30 days before the date of the event. Should the payment on account not be credited to the bank account notified by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg, then Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg reserves the right to cancel the room reservation. In such cases, the rules on cancellation shall apply mutatis mutandis.
23. Payment: Payment for provision of the premises and any other services rendered by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg shall be made with due regard to the agreed advance payments. Services rendered by third parties shall be agreed and paid for directly. After prior written agreement, Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg is authorised to draw up an aggregate statement for all services rendered in the course of the event; subcontracted supplies and services (such as catering) shall be charged in the name and on behalf of the third party. The outstanding amount invoiced is due within 14 days of receipt of the invoice, but no later than 18 days from the date of the invoice (if not already due and payable in part or in whole prior to the event under the contract) without any deductions. In the event of late payment, interest on arrears as provided by law for business transactions according to § 1333 para 2 Austrian Civil Code (Allgemeines Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch – ABGB) is agreed.
24. Address of the organiser: Declarations and notices sent by Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg to the last address notified by the organiser shall also be regarded as having been delivered if the organiser fails to notify Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg of a change of address.
25. Jurisdiction: The contractual relationship shall be governed exclusively by Austrian law. The principles on conflicts of law are excluded. The parties agree that the court competent for the Vienna Innere Stadt (1st Municipal District of Vienna) or at the discretion of Palais Niederösterreich/Conference Center Laxenburg the competent court in St. Pölten shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
Event Residenzen/VIA DOMINORUM Grundstückverwertungs Gesellschaft m.b.H. shall only collect, process and use personal data in accordance with the provisions of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Austria’s Federal Act concerning the Protection of Personal Data (DSG 2000), as last amended in 2010, and it shall treat personal data in accordance with Austria’s Telecommunications Act (TKG 2003).
Event Residenzen Niederösterreich
Herrengasse 13, A-1010 Vienna
Data Protection Officer: Birgit Hackenauer
Phone: +43 1 907 62 99
The data protection statement and information under Articles 13 and 14 GDPR are available here.
DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION FOR THE USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website makes use of Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. (Google). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. These are text files that are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyse the way you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually sent to and stored on a server of Google in the United States. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, then Google will truncate your IP address within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Only in exceptional cases will the whole IP address first be transferred to a server of Google in the United States and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with other services relating to use of the website and internet. The IP address that your browser communicates within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent cookies from being stored by setting your browser accordingly but we would like to point out that by doing so you may not be able to use all the features on this website. You can also prevent the transmission of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google, and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
We use Hubspot to provide you with information and offers tailored to your needs. Accordingly, we have a legitimate interest within the meaning of Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation in this processing. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data by us in connection with the use of Hubspot is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation. When using Hubspot, we store your personal data as long as necessary to provide you with information and offers tailored to your needs. The provision of Personal Information collected through Hubspot is not required by law or contract, or required to conclude a contract. If you do not provide us with this data, we can not provide you with information and offers tailored to your needs.
You can object to this use of your data at any time, for example by e-mail to the e-mail address stated in the imprint.
Competitions of the Event- Residenzen Niederösterreich have no connection to Facebook and are not supported by Facebook. The competition begins with the publication of the lottery posting on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/palaisniederoesterreich and / or www.facebook.com/conferencecenterlaxenburg. Participation is possible until the time stated in the posting. Eligible for participation are all adult persons resident in Austria. Eligible participants can take part in the competition by liking the Palais Niederösterreich and Conference Center Laxenburg Facebook page and commenting on the entry. The winners will be randomly drawn and notified via Facebook message. If a winner does not receive a message from us within 12 hours via the messenger, the claim for winnings expires, and for competitions for an event the specified hourly period will vary. In this case, we are entitled to make a replacement draw. In the course of the data protection we point out that the collected data are used only for the execution of the competition. The legal process is excluded. The prize can not be redeemed in cash. By leaving a comment under the lottery posting, the participants agree to the terms and conditions.